Tuesday, March 22, 2011
It is hard to say how many this will serve since the size of the potatoes determines the quantity. Probably 3-5 people
8 Red Potatoes
1/4 -1/2 cup milk
1/2 package of cream cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
pepper and salt to taste
First you boil 8 red potatoes until they are soft, this took about an hour on my stove.
Once they are soft (you should be able to push a fork into them all the way.)
Mash them up with a fork and add all the seasonings, milk, and cream cheese.
If you want the potatoes creamier use a blender to mix everything up. Otherwise just use a fork and you will have some yummy potato chunks mixed in!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
3 1/4 packages (8 oz. packages) cream cheese, softened
1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press evenly on bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well. Pour into prepared pie pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven but leave cheesecake in oven with door propped slightly open for an additonal hour.
5. Refrigerate at least 6 hours until firm.